1829 in Australia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Governor of New South Wales - Ralph Darling
- Lieutenant-Governor of Tasmania - Colonel George Arthur
- Lieutenant-Governor of Western Australia as a Crown Colony - Captain James Stirling
- 2 May - After anchoring nearby, Captain Charles Fremantle of the HMS Challenger, declares the Swan River Colony in Australia.
- 14 May - Aboriginal mission on Bruny Island opened by George Augustus Robinson.
- 1 June - Captain James Stirling founds the Swan River Colony in Western Australia.
- 18 June - Official proclamation of the Swan River Colony.
- 12 August - Mrs Helen Dance, wife of the Captain of the ship Sulphur, cuts down a tree to mark the day of the founding of the town of Perth, Western Australia.