1842 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1832 . 1833 . 1834 . 1835 . 1836 . 1837 . 1838 ...
1839 1840 1841 -1842- 1843 1844 1845
... 1846 . 1847 . 1848 . 1849 . 1850 . 1851 . 1852 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1842 in architecture involved some significant events.
- March 28 - The Teatr Skarbkowski in Lviv (Ukraine), designed by Jan Salzmann and Ludwig Pichl, opens.
- October 18 - The Walhalla memorial in Bavaria, designed by Leo von Klenze, is inaugurated.
- Treasury Building (Washington, D.C.), designed by Robert Mills, central and east wings completed,
- Construction of Berry Hill, near Halifax, Virginia starts.
- Iglesia de la Matriz, Valparaíso, Chile, completed.
- Kawaiahaʻo Church, Honolulu, Hawaii, designed by Rev. Hiram Bingham, completed.
- St Mary's Church (Wreay), Cumberland, England, designed by Sara Losh, completed.
- Ak Mosque, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, completed.
- Circular church of the Holy Sepulchre, Cambridge, England, restored by Anthony Salvin.
- Andrew Jackson Downing - Cottage Residences
- Grand Prix de Rome, architecture: Philippe-Auguste Titeux.
- June 12 - Harry Hems, English architectural and ecclesiastical sculptor (died 1916)
- September 17 - Basil Champneys, English architect (died 1935)
- December 12 - Alfred Parland, Russian architect (died 1919)
- December 15 - George Keller, American architect (died 1935)