1843 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1843 in India.
- Sind War.
- 7 April — Indian Slavery Act, 1843 was passed.
- December — Gwalior Campaign was fought between British Empire and Marathan forces in Gwalior in India
- 1 July — Bank of Madras
- Howrah district
- November 1843 — Noble College, Machilipatnam
- J. M. Dent (1971). Everyman's Dictionary of Dates (6th ed.). p. 261.
- Raymond Smythies, Cpt. R. H. (1894). Historical Records of the 40th(2nd Somersetshire) Regiment. A. H. Swiss.
- Venkadesan S (19 August 2010). "The then 'Bank of Madras'". Indian Express. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Gerald H. Anderson (1999). Biographical Dictionary of Christian Missions. Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing. p. 499. ISBN 9780802846808.
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|