1848 in Mexico
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2006)|
|See also:||Other events of 1848
List of years in Mexico
Events in the year 1848 in Mexico.
|This section requires expansion. (October 2010)|
- January 6 – Mexican General Antonio Gaona and his son are captured at the Battle of (sic)Napoluca (Nopalucan).
- January 22 to February 14 – A failed Mexican siege of Siege of San José del Cabo
- February 2 – Mexican–American War: The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo is signed, ending the war and ceding to the United States virtually all of what is today the southwest of that country.
- March 16 – Battle of Santa Cruz de Rosales in Chihuahua
- March 31 – Lt. Col. Henry S. Burton defeated Mexican forces in Baja California Sur
- May 30 – Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo with the United States
- Peralta massacre
- January 26 – Justo Sierra (writer)
- Joe Musso, Kane Knife  October 28, 2004