1849 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 12 January – General conscription is introduced in Denmark a few weeks after the First Schleswig War has been resumed after a winter break.
- 3 February – The Danish Veterinary Association is founded.
- 5 June – The Constitution of Denmark is signed by King Frederik VII.
- 6 July – The Battle of Fredericia takes place.
- The requirement for passports for journeys inside Denmark is abolished.
- 3 August – Axel Liebmann, composer (died 1876)
- 16 August – Johan Kjeldahl, chemist (died 1900)
- 9 June – Michael Ancher, painter (died 1927)
- 5 November – Emil Blichfeldt, architect (died 1908)
- 11 November – Martin Nyrop, architect (died 1921)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2011)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1849 in Denmark.|