1849 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1849 in Denmark.
- January 12 – General conscription is introduced in Denmark a few weeks after the First Schleswig War has been resumed after a winter break.
- February 3 – The Danish Veterinary Association is founded
- June 5 – The Constitution of Denmark is signed by King Frederik VII.
- July 6 – The Battle at Fredericia
- The requirement for passports for journeys inside Denmark is abolished
- August 16 – Johan Kjeldahl, chemist (died 1900)
- June 9 – Michael Ancher, painter (died 1927)
- November 5 – Emil Blichfeldt, architect (died 1908)
- November 11 – Martin Nyrop, architect (died 1921)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2011)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1849 in Denmark.|