1850 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1840 . 1841 . 1842 . 1843 . 1844 . 1845 . 1846 ...
1847 1848 1849 -1850- 1851 1852 1853
... 1854 . 1855 . 1856 . 1857 . 1858 . 1859 . 1860 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1850 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- Bratsberg Church, Trondheim, Norway.
- Hillsgrove Covered Bridge, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Britannia Bridge in north Wales, engineered by Robert Stephenson, is opened.
- Newcastle railway station in the north-east of England, designed by John Dobson, is opened.
- Sainte-Geneviève Library in Paris, designed by Henri Labrouste, is completed, the first major public building with an exposed cast-iron frame.
- Vĩnh Tràng Temple, Mỹ Tho, Vietnam.
- January 10 - John Wellborn Root, Chicago-based US architect (died 1891)
- February 17 - Frank Darling, Canadian architect associated with Toronto (died 1923)
- November 15 - Victor Laloux, French Beaux-Arts architect and teacher. (died 1937)
- December 21 - Lluís Domènech i Montaner, Spanish-Catalan architect, a leader of Modernisme català, the Catalan Art Nouveau/Jugendstil movement (died 1927)
- February 19 - François Debret, French architect (born 1777)
- March 2 - Auguste-Henri-Victor Grandjean de Montigny, French architect influential in Brazil (born 1776)
- May 8 - Antonio Niccolini, Italian architect, scenic designer, and engraver (born 1772)
- July 12 - Robert Stevenson, Scottish lighthouse engineer (born 1772)
- "Bratsberg kirke" (in Norwegian). Strinda historielag. Retrieved 2011-04-15.
- "Pennsylvania Cultural Resources Geographic Information System" (Searchable database). Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission; Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- Biddle, Gordon; Nock, O. S. (1983). The Railway Heritage of Britain. London: Michael Joseph. ISBN 0718123557.
- Trachtenberg, Marvin; Hyman, Isabelle (1986). Architecture: from Prehistory to Post-Modernism - the Western tradition. London: Academy Editions. p. 478. ISBN 0856708992.
- Võ Văn Tường. "Các chùa Nam Bộ" (in Vietnamese). Buddhism Today. Retrieved 2008-05-30.
- Cassanelli, Roberto; Ciapparelli, Pier Luigi; Colle, Enrico; David, Massimiliano (2001). Houses and Monuments of Pompeii: The Work of Fausto and Felice Niccolini. p. 23.