From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1851 in Canada.
Full date unknown
- Gabriel Franchere's Narrative of a Voyage to the Northwest Coast of America published in Montreal.
- The United Kingdom transfers control of the colonial postal system to Canada.
- April 7 - John Wilson Bengough, political cartoonist (died 1923)
- April 8 - Frederick Peters, lawyer, politician and Premier of Prince Edward Island (died 1919)
- May 22 - Gilbert Ganong, businessman, politician and Lieutenant Governor of New Brunswick (died 1917)
- July 8 - James Dunsmuir, industrialist, politician and Premier of British Columbia (died 1920)
- August 26 - Herbert James Palmer, politician and Premier of Prince Edward Island (died 1939)
- September 5 - George Frederick Baird, politician and lawyer (died 1899)
- November - Levi Addison Ault, businessman and naturalist (died 1930)
- November 25 - Francis Shepherd, surgeon
- November 28 - Albert Grey, 4th Earl Grey, 9th Governor General of Canada (died 1917)
- December 10 - James Albert Manning Aikins, politician and Lieutenant-Governor of Manitoba (died 1929)
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2011)