1851 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1841 . 1842 . 1843 . 1844 . 1845 . 1846 . 1847 ...
1848 1849 1850 -1851- 1852 1853 1854
... 1855 . 1856 . 1857 . 1858 . 1859 . 1860 . 1861 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1851 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- February 5 - Saint Thomas Episcopal Church and Rectory, Smithfield, Rhode Island, USA, designed by Thomas Alexander Tefft
- May 1 - The Crystal Palace, home of the Great Exhibition, erected in Hyde Park, London to the design of Joseph Paxton.
- May 31 - Madonna dell'Archetto, Rome Italy
- July 25 - Holy Trinity Church, Bangalore, India
- October 1 - Alabama State Capitol, Montgomery, Alabama, USA.
- Osborne House on the Isle of Wight, England, designed by Prince Albert in consultation with builder Thomas Cubitt.
- Dock Tower in Grimsby, England.
- De Wachter, Zuidlaren, Netherlands.
- Wat San Chao Chet, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Gottfried Semper - The Four Elements of Architecture, part 1
- Edmund Sharpe - The Seven Periods of English Architecture.
- Royal Gold Medal - Thomas Leverton Donaldson.
- Grand Prix de Rome, architecture - Gabriel-Auguste Ancelet.
- March 10 - Heinrich Wenck, Danish architect (died 1936)
- March 26 - John Eisenmann, Cleveland-based US architect (died 1924)
- date unknown - Peter Paul Pugin, English architect, son of Augustus Welby Pugin and half-brother of Edward Welby Pugin (died 1904)
- October 13 - Samuel Beazley, British theatre architect and writer (born 1786)
- November 18 - Jacob Ephraim Polzin, German Neoclassical architect (born 1778)
- History of the State of Rhode Island with Illustrations Albert J. Wright, Printer No. 79 Mille Street, corner of Federal, Boston. Hong, Wade & Co., Philadelphia 1878. The History of Smithfield pp. 306 - 311
- Nazzaro, Pellegrino (2000). "The Italian Years". Constantino Brumidi: Artist of the Capitol. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office. p. 21.
- Churchill prayed here Bangalore Mirror
- Struthers, Jane (2004). Royal Palaces of Britain. London: New Holland Publishers (UK) Ltd. ISBN 1-84330-733-2.
-  Pugin in 'The Dictionary of Scottish Architects
- "Beazley, Samuel". Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co. 1885–1900.