|Centuries:||1st century – 2nd century – 3rd century|
|Decades:||150s 160s 170s – 180s – 190s 200s 210s|
|Years:||184 185 186 – 187 – 188 189 190|
|187 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||940|
|Bahá'í calendar||−1657 – −1656|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
2883 or 2823
— to —
丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
2884 or 2824
|Coptic calendar||−97 – −96|
|- Vikram Samvat||243–244|
|- Shaka Samvat||109–110|
|- Kali Yuga||3288–3289|
|Igbo calendar||−813 – −812|
|Iranian calendar||435 BP – 434 BP|
|Islamic calendar||448 BH – 447 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1725 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||730|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 187.|
Year 187 (CLXXXVII) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Quintius and Aelianus (or, less frequently, year 940 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 187 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Lucius Septimius Severus, (born in Leptis Magna), is named legate of Lyonnais (Gaul).
- Septimius Severus marries a Syrian princess Julia Domna (age 17), she is the youngest daughter of high-priest Julius Bassianus, a descendant of the Royal House of Emesa. Her elder sister is Julia Maesa.
- Another plague hits Rome.
- Clodius Albinus defeats the Chatti, a highly organized German tribe that controlled the area that includes the Black Forest.
- Rebellion of Zhang Chun and Zhang Ju. First case of Wuhuan soldiers within the Chinese army joining a rebellion.
- Olympians succeeds Pertinax as Patriarch of Constantinople.