1872 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1872 in India.
- Richard Bourke, 6th Earl of Mayo, Viceroy
- Sir John Strachey, acting Viceroy (9–23 February)
- Francis Napier, 10th Lord Napier, acting Viceroy (24 February - 3 May)
- Thomas Baring, 1st Earl of Northbrook, Viceroy (from 3 May)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2008)|
- 14 April - Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Islamic scholar who translated the Qur'an into English (died 1953).
- 15 August - Sri Aurobindo, nationalist, scholar, poet, mystic, evolutionary philosopher, yogi and guru (died 1950).
- 25 December - Ganganath Jha, scholar of Sanskrit, Indian Philosophy and Buddhist Philosophy (died 1941).
- 8 February - Richard Bourke, 6th Earl of Mayo, Viceroy
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|