1872 in Japan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1872
List of years in Japan
Events in the year 1872 in Japan.
- date unknown
- Tokyo National Museum is founded.
- The Imperial Library is established.
- Tomioka silk mill, Japan's first modern model silk reeling factory, is established by the government.
- The Ryukyu Domain is created when the emperor changes the title of Shō Tai, the Ryukyu Kingdom's monarch (Ryūkyū-koku-ō), to that of a domain head (Ryūkyū-han-ō). The former Ryukyu Kingdom thus becomes a han.
- February 10 - Prince Kitashirakawa Satonari, founder of a collateral branch of the Japanese imperial family (born 1850)
- March 28 - Nambu Nobuyuki, 9th and final daimyō of Hachinohe Domain (born 1814)
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Museums" in Japan Encyclopedia, pp. 671-673.
- "History". National Diet Library. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- Lin, Man-houng. "The Ryukyus and Taiwan in the East Asian Seas: A Longue Durée Perspective," Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus. October 27, 2006, translated and abridged from Academia Sinica Weekly, No. 1084. 24 August 2006.