1872 in association football
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
The following are the association football events of the year 1872 throughout the world.
- February 24
- March 16
- November 30
- The first FIFA-recognised international match is played in front of a crowd of 4,000 between Scotland and England which ended as a 0 - 0 draw at Hamilton Crescent, Partick.
Clubs Founded 
National Championship Winners 
- May 10 – William Athersmith, English footballer
- Date Unknown – Philip Bach, English footballer, (d. 1937)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- The first French football and rugby club, began playing football on a regular basis in 1894.
- The first Welsh football club founded on September 28 at the Turf Hotel, formed by two members of the Wrexham Cricket Club, who wanted to play sport during the winter months.
- Inaugural FA Cup.
|This association football article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|