1873 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1873 in Denmark.
- 5 May – The Scandinavian Monetary Union, a monetary union with Sweden, is formed, pegging the countries' currencies to each other.
- 13 May – Tuborg Brewery is founded by Carl Frederik Tietgen.
- The Danish Mathematical Society, a society of Danish mathematicians, is founded at the University of Copenhagen.
- Punch, an illustrated conservative satirical magazine modelled on the English Punch, is founded.
- 9 January – Hans Frederick Blichfeldt, Danish-American mathematician (d. 1945)
- 19 March – Betty Nansen, actress and theatre director (d. 1943)
- 8 October – Ejnar Hertzsprung, chemist and astronomer (d. 1967)
- From silver standard to gold standard, The Danish National Bank.
- Martin Zerlang. "Det Moderne Gennembrud 1870-1890. Tema 7: Presse og magasiner". Institut for litteraturvidenskab, KUA. Retrieved 20 November 2009.