1875 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Events in the year 1875 in India.
- Muhammedan Anglo-Oriental College, founded by Sir Syed Ahmed Khan in Aligarh (now Uttar Pradesh); later became Aligarh Muslim University in 1920.
- 8 November - The Prince of Wales (afterwards King Edward VII) visits Bombay.
- 31 October - Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, political and social leader (died 1950).
- 22 December - Nanda Kishore Bal, poet (died 1928).
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 80
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|