1880–81 West Bromwich Albion F.C. season
|Stadium||Cooper's Hill and Dartmouth Park|
The 1880–81 season was the third season in the history of West Bromwich Albion Football Club. During the season, Albion played their home matches at Cooper's Hill and Dartmouth Park and were captained by Jimmy Stanton.
Though yet to start playing competitive football, West Bromwich Albion did take part in a number of friendly matches throughout the season. On 29 January 1881, Billy Bisseker scored three times in the 5–0 win against Hockley Belmont; this was the first recorded hat-trick by an Albion player. The record of the club's matches during their early years is not complete, for example the score from the match against West Bromwich Royal was not recorded.
|6 November 1880||Summer Hill Works||H||W||4–0|
|6 December 1880||Hockley Abbey||A||W||2–0|
|1 January 1881||Aston Napier||A||D||0–0|
|29 January 1881||Hockley Belmont||H||W||5–0|
|5 February 1881||Summer Hill Works||H||W||4–0|
|12 February 1881||Hockley Abbey||A||W||2–0|
|19 February 1881||Hockley Belmont||A||W||5–0|
|26 February 1881||West Bromwich Royal||H||—||—[nb 4]|
|10 March 1881||Smethwick Windmill||H||W||9–1|
|12 March 1881||West Bromwich Rovers||H||W||8–0|
|26 March 1881||Oakfield||H||W||14–0|
Source for match details:
- Albion did not have a chairman until 1885.
- Albion did not have a secretary-manager until 1890 and did not appoint a full-time manager until 1948.
- West Bromwich Albion's score is listed first, regardless of the venue or result.
- Score not recorded.
- Matthews (2005) p. 267.
- Matthews (2005) pp. 257–258.
- Matthews (2007) p. 64.
- Matthews (1987) p. 214.
- Matthews, Tony; Mackenzie, Colin (1987). Albion! A Complete Record of West Bromwich Albion 1879–1987. Breedon Books. ISBN 0-907969-23-2.
- Matthews, Tony (2005). The Who's Who of West Bromwich Albion. Breedon Books. ISBN 1-85983-474-4.
- Matthews, Tony (2007). West Bromwich Albion: The Complete Record. Breedon Books. ISBN 978-1-85983-565-4.