1885–86 in English football
The 1885–1886 season was the 15th season of competitive football in England.
|13 March 1886||Ballynafeigh Park, Belfast (A)||Ireland||6–1||BHC||Benjamin Spilsbury (Cambridge University) (4), Tinsley Lindley (Cambridge University) & Fred Dewhurst (Preston North End)|
|27 March 1886||(Second) Hampden Park, Glasgow (A)||Scotland||1–1||BHC||Tinsley Lindley (Cambridge University) (35 mins)|
|29 March 1886||Racecourse Ground, Wrexham (A)||Wales||3–1||BHC||George Brann (Swifts), Fred Dewhurst (Preston North End) & Andrew Amos (Old Carthusians)|
* England score given first
- A = Away match
- BHC = British Home Championship
Note – see Talk page re query on goalscorers against Wales.
- Millwall Rovers were formed, and play their first match on 3 October 1885. After a couple of name changes and moves, the club will eventually become known as Millwall.
|FA Cup||Blackburn Rovers (3)|
Notes = Number in parentheses is the times that club has won that honour. * indicates new record for competition
- Report on Ireland v England match on thefa.com
- Report on Scotland v England match on thefa.com
- Report on Wales v England match on thefa.com
- Report on Scotland v England match