1887 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1877 . 1878 . 1879 . 1880 . 1881 . 1882 . 1883 ...
1884 1885 1886 -1887- 1888 1889 1890
... 1891 . 1892 . 1893 . 1894 . 1895 . 1896 . 1897 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1887 in architecture involved some significant events.
- March 29 - Peebles Old Parish Church, Scotland, designed by William Young, dedicated.
- April 23 - Metropolitan Cathedral, Iași, Romania, completed by Alexandru Orăscu, dedicated.
- December 1 - Raffles Hotel, Singapore opened.
- Cardiff Metropolitan Cathedral, designed by Pugin & Pugin, completed.
- New façade of Florence Cathedral, designed by Emilio De Fabris (d. 1883), completed.
- Church of St. Nicholas, Amsterdam, designed by Adrianus Bleijs, completed.
- St Paul's Church, Aarhus, designed by Vilhelm Theodor Walther, completed.
- Cluj-Napoca Neolog Synagogue, Romania, designed by engineer Izidor Hegner, completed.
- Ponce de León Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, designed by Carrère and Hastings, begun.
- Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary, Rosario, Argentina begun.
- MacGibbon and Ross begin publication of The Castellated and Domestic Architecture of Scotland, from the twelfth to the eighteenth century.
- A.G. Wayss publishes one of the first books on reinforced concrete.