1889 All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Final
|Event||1889 All-Ireland Senior Football Championship|
|Date||20 October 1889|
The 1889 All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Final was the second All-Ireland Final and the culmination of the 1889 All-Ireland Senior Football Championship, an inter-county Gaelic football tournament for the top teams in Ireland. Tipperary were the winners.
The Queens County (Laois) team that lost to Tipperary were from the Portlaoise club.
Gaelic football was considered to be "the work of the devil" at this time.
- Kimmage, Kevin (21 November 2004). "Back where they belong". Sunday Independent (Independent News & Media). Retrieved 21 November 2004.
- Breheny, Martin (6 October 2000). "Sunday `not a fun day'". Irish Independent (Independent News & Media).
- Myles, Liam (20 December 1996). "A star for both Tipperary and Dublin". Hogan Stand.
- Corry, Eoghan, The GAA Book of Lists (Hodder Headline Ireland, 2005).
- Donegan, Des, The Complete Handbook of Gaelic Games (DBA Publications Limited, 2005).