1890 New Year Honours
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The New Year Honours 1890 were appointments by Queen Victoria to various orders and honours to reward and highlight good works by members of the British Empire. They were announced on 1 January 1890.
- 1 Order of the Bath
- 2 Order of the Star of India
- 3 Order of Saint Michael and Saint George
- 4 Order of the Indian Empire
- 5 References
Knight Commander (KCB)
- Lieutenant-General George Tomkyns Chesney, CB CSI CIE RE, Member of the Council of the Viceroy and Governor-General of India.
- William Mackworth Young, Bengal Civil Service, Second Financial Commissioner in the Punjab.
- Colonel George Edward Langham Somerset Sanford, RE CB, Inspector-General of Military Works, India.
- Lieutenant-Colonel Robert Warburton, Bengal Staff Corps, Political Officer in the Khyber.
Knight Grand Cross (GCMG)
- The Right Honourable the Earl of Belmore, KCMG, formerly Governor and Commander-in-Chief of the Colony of New South Wales.
Knight Commander (KCMG)
- Celicourt Auguste Antelme, CMG, Member of the Executive Council and Senior Elected Member of the Council of Government of the Colony of Mauritius.
- Montagu Frederick Ommanney, CMG, one of the Crown Agents for the Colonies.
- Cornelius Alfred Moloney, CMG, Governor and Commander-in-Chief of the Colony of Lagos.
- John Cox Bray, Speaker of the House of Assembly of the Colony of South Australia.
- Jacobus Albertus de Wet, Secretary for Native Affairs of the Colony of the Cape of Good Hope.
- Gilbert Thomas Carter, Administrator of the Colony of the Gambia.
- Peter Leys, lately administering the Government of the Colony of Labuan.
- Thomas Elliott, Auditor-General of the Colony of Mauritius.
- John George Bourinot, MA, LLD., Clerk of the House of Commons of the Dominion of Canada.
- Robert Burdett Smith, Member of the Legislative Assembly of the Colony of New South Wales, and Executive Commissioner for that Colony at the Melbourne Centennial Exhibition, 1888–89.
- Charles Washington Eves, for services rendered in connection with the Island of Jamaica.
- Thomas Irvine Rowell, Principal Civil Medical Officer of the Straits Settlements.
- Colonel Frederick Gatt, Second-in-Command of the Royal Malta Artillery.
- Lieutenant-Colonel Edward Bowater McInnis, Inspector-General of Constabulary of the Gold Coast Colony
- George Brackenbury, late Her Majesty's Consul at Lisbon.
- Oswald John Frederick Crawfurd, Her Majesty's Consul at Oporto.
- Alfred Caillard, Director-General of Egyptian Customs.
Knight Commander (KCIE)
- Sir Roper Lethbridge, CIE, late Press Commissioner in India.
- Major-General Sir George Stewart White, VC KCB.
- Sardar Bhagat Singh, Member of the Kapurthala State Council.
- Colonel William Merriman, RE, First Grade Executive Engineer, Bombay.
- Lieutenant-Colonel William Percival Tomkins, RE, Superintending Engineer and Secretary to the Agent to the Governor-General in Beluchistan.
- Colonel William Arthur James Wallace, RE, Director of the North-Western Railway, India.
- Henry Bidewell Grigg, Madras Civil Service, Director of Public Instruction, Madras.
- Berthold Ribbentrop, Inspector of Forests.
- Brigade Surgeon George King, MB, Bengal Medical Service, Superintendent of the Royal Botanical Gardens, Calcutta.
- Langton Prendergast Walsh, Assistant Resident at Zeyla.
- Henry Paul Todd-Naylor, Bengal Civil Service, Officiating Deputy Commissioner of Magwe, Upper Burma.
- The London Gazette: . 1 January 1890.