1891 New Year Honours
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The New Year Honours 1891 were appointments by Queen Victoria to various orders and honours to reward and highlight good works by members of the British Empire. They were announced on 1 January 1891.
Knight Commander (KCSI)
- Alexander Mackenzie, Esq., C.S.I, Bengal Civil Service, Chief Commissioner of Burma.
- William Young, Esq., Bengal Civil Service, Judicial Commissioner of Oudh.
- David Robert Lyall, Esq., Bengal Civil Service, Commissioner of Chittagong.
- Sirdar Jiwan Singh of Patiala.
- Colonel Percy William Powlett, Bengal Staff Corps.
Knight Commander (KCIE)
- His Highness Parbhu Narayan Singh, Maharaja Bahadur of Benares.
- T. Rama Rao, Dewan of the Travancore State.
- Lieutenant-Colonel Louis Henry Emile Tucker, Bengal Infantry, Deputy Inspector-General of Police in the Punjab.
- Raja Jag Mohun Singh.
- Theodore Cooke, Esq., M.A., LL.D., Principal of the College of Science at Poona.
- Brigade Surgeon Thomas Edwin Burton Brown, M.D.
- James Edward O'Conor, Esq., Assistant Secretary to the Government of India in the Finance and Commerce Department.
- Walter Roper Lawrence, Esq., Bengal Civil Service.
- Surgeon-Major Thomas Holbein Hendley.
- William Watt Daly, Esq.
- Charles Stewart Murray, Esq.
- Ernest Octavius Walker, Esq.
- Her Highness Maharani Sakhiya Raja Sahiba Sindia Alijah Bahadur, Regent of Gwalior.
Knight Commander (KCMG)
- Major-General James Bevan Edwards, R.E., C.B., for services rendered in connection with the Australasian Military Forces.
- James Arndell Youl, Esq., C.M.G., of the Colony of Tasmania.
- Frederick McCoy, Esq., C.M.G., Professor of Natural Science in the University of Melbourne, in the Colony of Victoria.
- Giuseppe Carbone, Esq., LL.D., C.M.G., Crown Advocate of the Island of Malta.
- Edward Nicholas Coventry Braddon, Esq., Agent-General in London for the Colony of Tasmania.
- George Melville, Esq., Colonial Secretary of British Honduras, at present administering the Government of that Colony.
- Richard Cornelius Critchett Walker, Esq., Principal Under-Secretary in the Colony of New South Wales.
- Allan Maclean Skinner, Esq., Resident Councillor of Penang, Straits Settlements.
- Walter Kennaway, Esq., Secretary to the Agent General in London for the Colony of New Zealand.
- James Desmond McCarthy, Esq., M.D, Chief Medical Officer of the Gold Coast Colony.
- Major and Honorary Lieutenant-Colonel Robert Sandilands Frowd Walker, Commandant of the 1st Battalion of Perak Sikhs, Straits Settlements.
- George Henry Jenkins, Esq., Clerk of the Legislative Assembly of the Colony of Victoria.
- John Roberts, Esq., President of the New Zealand and South Seas Exhibition, held at Dunedin, 1889.
- William Philip Schreiner, Esq., Legal Adviser to the High Commissioner for South Africa.
- George Mansel, Esq., Commandant of the Zululand Police Force.