From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
The following are the association football events of the year 1891 throughout the world.
Clubs founded in 1891
National Championship Winners
- Saint Andrew's
- Kjøbenhavns Boldklub
- Blackburn Rovers
- HVV Den Haag
- Heart of Midlothian
- Shrewsbury Town
- September 22: Charlie Buchan, English international footballer (died 1960)
- December 15: David Wijnveldt, Dutch international footballer (died 1962)
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)
- ^ First amateur season of the Argentine Primera División.
- ^ Championship not recognised by the Argentine Football Association, however, is recognised by FIFA.
- ^ Inaugural season of the Danish Football Tournament.
- ^ Although recognised by the Danish Football Association (DBU), winners of tournament not considered official Danish champions.
- ^ First season of the Irish Football League.
- ^ First official season of the Dutch Football League.
- ^ First season of the Scottish Football League.
- ^ Shrewsbury Town won the Welsh Cup despite being from England.