1892 New Year Honours
The New Year Honours 1892 were appointments by Queen Victoria to various orders and honours to reward and highlight good works by members of the British Empire. They were published on 1 January 1892.
The recipients of honours are displayed here as they were styled before their new honour, and arranged by honour, with classes (Knight, Knight Grand Cross, etc.) and then divisions (Military, Civil, etc.) as appropriate.
- 1 British Empire
- 1.1 Order of the Star of India
- 1.2 Order of the Indian Empire
- 1.3 Order of Saint Michael and Saint George
- 2 References
Order of the Star of India
Order of the Indian Empire
Knight Grand Commander (GCIE)
Knight Commander (KCIE)
- His Excellency Ali Kuli Khan, Mukhbar-ud-Dowla of Persia, CIE.
- Colonel John Charles Ardagh, CB, Royal Engineers.
- Frederick Clendon Daukes, Bengal Civil Service.
- Raja Ramachandra Vittal Rao Saheb, Raja of Sandur.
- Major Henry Percy Poingdestre Leigh, Indian Staff Corps.
- Raja Gajapati Rao, of Vizagapatam.
- Herbert Hope Risley, Bengal Civil Service.
- Muhammad Abdullah Khan, Khan Bahadur, of Isa Khel.
- Joseph Bampfylde Fuller, Bengal Civil Service.
- Mir Gholam Baba, Khan Bahadur, of Surat.
- Herbert Thirkell White, Bengal Civil Service.
Order of Saint Michael and Saint George
Knight Grand Cross of the Order of St Michael and St George (GCMG)
- Sir Cecil Clementi Smith, KCMG, Governor and Commander-in-Chief of the Straits Settlements, and Her Majesty's Consul-General and High Commissioner for North Borneo and Sarawak.
Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (KCMG)
- Commander Graham John Bower, CMG, late Royal Navy, Imperial Secretary and Accountant to the High Commissioner for South Africa.
- Francis Fleming, CMG, Colonial Secretary of Hong Kong.
- John Colton, formerly Premier of the Colony of South Australia.
- Henry John Wrixon, Member of the Executive Council and of the Legislative Assembly of the Colony of Victoria.
- Honorary Knight Commander
Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG)
- Charles Vandeleur Creagh, Governor of the Colony of Labuan and of British North Borneo.
- Irwin Charles Maling, Administrator of the Island of Saint Vincent.
- Thomas Risely Griffith, Administrator of the Seychelles Islands.
- Captain Arthur William Moore, Royal Navy, for services rendered in connection with the defences of Australasia.
- Dudley Francis Amelius Hervey, Resident Councillor of Malacca, Straits Settlements.
- Henry Moore Jackson, Colonial Secretary of the Bahama Islands.
- Francis James Newton, Colonial Secretary and Receiver General of British Bechuanaland.
- John Fraser, Member of the Council of Government of the Colony of Mauritius.
- Edmond Gerald FitzGibbon, Town Clerk of the City of Melbourne, in the Colony of Victoria.
- Peter Daniel Anthonisz, MD, an Unofficial Member of the Legislative Council of the Island of Ceylon.
- The London Gazette: . 1 January 1892.