From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Unknown date
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- 30 April – Johannes Willem Viljoen, big-game hunter and politician, dies on his farm near Zeerust at the age of 81.
- 9 July – George Christopher Cato, the first mayor of Durban, dies at the age of 79.
Railway lines opened
- ^ a b Statement Showing, in Chronological Order, the Date of Opening and the Mileage of Each Section of Railway, Statement No. 19, p. 183, ref. no. 200954-13
- ^ a b Holland, D.F. (1971). Steam Locomotives of the South African Railways, Volume 1: 1859-1910 (1st ed.). Newton Abbott, Devon: David & Charles. ISBN 978-0-7153-5382-0.
- ^ Paxton, Leith; Bourne, David (1985). Locomotives of the South African Railways (1st ed.). Cape Town: Struik. ISBN 0869772112.
- ^ Holland, D.F. (1972). Steam Locomotives of the South African Railways, Volume 2: 1910-1955 (1st ed.). Newton Abbott, Devon: David & Charles. ISBN 978-0-7153-5427-8.