1894 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1884 . 1885 . 1886 . 1887 . 1888 . 1889 . 1890 ...
1891 1892 1893 -1894- 1895 1896 1897
... 1898 . 1899 . 1900 . 1901 . 1902 . 1903 . 1904 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1894 in architecture involved some significant events.
- April 21 - Quatro de Setembro Theater, Teresina, Brazil, opened.
- May 14 - Blackpool Tower in Blackpool, England, is completed and opened to the public.
- June 30 - Tower Bridge in London, designed by Horace Jones (architect) and John Wolfe-Barry, opened.
- July - Dalen Hotel in Norway, designed by Haldor Børve.
- Antiguo Cuartel Militar Español de Ponce, Puerto Rico.
- Kapelle der Versöhnung, Berlin, Germany.
- Colegio de Santa Maria de Jesús in Barcelona, Spain, designed by Antoni Gaudí.
- De Arend, Coevorden (smock mill), Netherlands.
- Hurlbut Memorial Gate, Detroit, Michigan, USA.
- Mary, Queen of the World Cathedral, Montreal, Canada.
- Negril Lighthouse, Jamaica.
- Guaranty Building, Buffalo, New York, designed by Louis Sullivan.
- Reformed Church, Dresden, by Harald Julius von Bosse (demolished 1963).
- Reichstag in Berlin, designed by Paul Wallot.
- Royal Museum of Fine Arts, Antwerp, designed by Jacob Winders and Frans van Dijk.
- Sisters of Charity Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia.
- St. Peter's Church, Jaffa.
- Lululaund, a house for Hubert von Herkomer at Bushey, England, based on a design by Henry Hobson Richardson (d. 1886) (demolished 1939).
- April 11 - Constantin Lipsius, German architect and architectural theorist (born 1832)
- August 15 - Arthur Rotch, Boston-based architect (born 1850)
- September 16 - Eduard Mezger, Bavarian architect, painter, professor and high civil officer of the royal buildings administration (born 1807)
- December 16 - Alexandru Orăscu, Romanian Neoclassicist architect (born 1817)
- Virtual Tourist: Dalen Travel Guide. Accessed 14 June 2013
- "Technische gegevens" (in Dutch). De Hollandsche Molen. Retrieved 12 August 2009. (Click on "Technische gegevens" to view)
- Laurie J. Marzejka (June 14, 2000)."Detroit's Water Works Park a gateway to the past,". Michigan History, The Detroit News. Retrieved on March 28, 2009.
- Negril Point Lighthouse, Jamaica National Heritage Trust, 2005.
- "St. Peter's Church". Israel Ministry of Tourism. Retrieved 2009-01-06.