18th Indiana Infantry Regiment
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 18th Indiana Infantry)
|18th Regiment Indiana Volunteer Infantry|
Flag of the United States, 1865-1867
|Active||August 16, 1861 to August 28, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Pea Ridge
Battle of Port Gibson
Battle of Champion Hill
Battle of Big Black River
Siege of Vicksburg
Battle of Cedar Creek
- The 18th Indiana Volunteer Infantry was organized at Indianapolis, Indiana on August 16, 1861.
- Battle of Pea Ridge
- Battle of Port Gibson
- Battle of Champion Hill
- Battle of Big Black River
- Siege of Vicksburg
- Battle of Cedar Creek
- The regiment mustered out of service on August 28, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment lost 5 officers and 68 enlisted men killed in action or died of wounds and 1 officers and 130 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 204 fatalities.
- Colonel Thomas Pattison
- Colonel Henry D. Washburn
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unininf2.htm#18th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.