18th Reconnaissance Regiment
|18th Reconnaissance Regiment|
|Active||1 July 2009 – present|
|Allegiance||Polish Land Forces|
|Pułkownik dypl.||Wieslaw Podlecki|
18th Reconnaissance Regiment (Polish: 18 Pułk Rozpoznawczy) of the Polish Land Forces is based in Białystok. Its heritage was the former 18th Territorial Defense Battalion and prior the former 18th Mechanized Brigade. This is the youngest unit of the Land Forces and one of three Reconnaissance regiments in the Polish army.
On April 23, 2009, the unit visited the Polish Minister of National Defense, Bogdan Klich. During the meeting the Minister informed the soldiers that in February 2009 it was decided to reorganize the battalion, no later than 30 June 2009 and create a reconnaissance regiment. The 18th Reconnaissance Regiment was formed on July 1, 2009.
On October 15, 2009 came into force the decision of the Minister of National Defense on the 18th Reconnaissance Regiment permission to use the standard of the 18th Territorial Defense Battalion until 15 August 2010.
On 11 November 2010, representatives of the 18th Reconnaissance Regiment, on behalf of the Minister of National Defense Bogdan Klich, paid tribute at the grave of the late Ordinary Orthodox archbishop of the Polish Army Miron Chodakowski. The delegation, composed of the regiment Lt Col Chris Lenkiewicz, Maj. Slawomir Ratyński and Cpt. Jan Busłowicz on National Day paid tribute to one of those who died in the service of fulfilling the duties of his homeland. The ceremony took place in the crypt church of the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary located in the vicinity of Bialystok in Supraśl.
On 30 June 2011, the regiment received its regimental standard, from Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski, at a ceremony in Kosciuszko Square, Białystok before the monument to Marshal Józef Piłsudski.
The new standard in addition to the national colors and emblem also exposes the symbolic elements associated with Bialystok coat of arms and contains commemorative badges of merit from the military units formerly stationed at the garrison:
- 18th Territorial Defense Battalion and prior the former 18th Mechanized Brigade
- 18 Infantry Division (Polish: 18 Dywizji Piechoty)
- 42 Infantry Regiment im General Jan Henryk Dąbrowski (Polish: 42 Pułku Piechoty)
- Polish: 10 Pułku Ułanów Litewskich)
The regiment has the following internal structure:
- Regimental Command Staff
- Command Company
- Logistics Company
- 1st Reconnaissance Company
- 2nd Reconnaissance Company
- 3rd Reconnaissance Company
- 4th Reconnaissance Company
- 5th Reconnaissance Company
- 6th Reconnaissance Company
- 18 białostocki pułk rozpoznawczy otrzymał sztandar (Polish)
- Dziennik Urzędowy Ministra Obrony Narodowej. 2009.
- Decyzja Nr 309/MON Ministra Obrony Narodowej z dnia 7 września 2009 r. w sprawie czasowego używania sztandaru 18. batalionu obrony terytorialnej przez 18. pułk rozpoznawczy (Dz. U. MON Nr 17 z 30 września 2009 r., poz. 195).
- "Kwiaty w imieniu Ministra". Republic of Poland, Polish Land Forces. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
- "18th Reconnaissance Regiment Website". Polish Armed Forces. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
|This Polish military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|