1900 in the Philippines
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in the Philippines:||1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1870s 1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s|
|Years:||1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903|
1900 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 1900.
First Philippine Republic
U.S. Military Government
- February 2 - The Manila Bulletin established as the second oldest existing English language newspaper.
- April 7 - The Battle of Cagayan de Misamis was fought between the Filipino troops under General Nicolas Capistrano and American troops under Colonel Edward Godwin.
- May 14 - Captain Walter B. Elliott with 80 men proceeded to begin the Battle of Agusan Hill against about 500 guerillas who were entrenched on a hill with 200 rifles and shotguns.
- June 4 - Filipino troops under Colonel Apolinar Velez won a decisive victory against 100 American troops at the Battle of Makahambus Hill.
- March 10 - Delfina Herbosa de Natividad, one of the three women who seamed together the Flag of the Philippines