1901 in association football
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1901 in football (soccer))
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
The following are the association football events of the year 1901 throughout the world.
- May 16 – Uruguay and Argentina both play their first ever international match, when they meet in Montevideo. Argentina wins the contest (2-3).
- 1901 British Home Championship (February 23 – March 30, 1901)
- January 21 – Ricardo Zamora, Spanish international footballer
- May 24 – José Nasazzi, Uruguayan international footballer
- July 26 – Umberto Caligaris, Italian international footballer (died 1940)
- November 22 – José Leandro Andrade, Uruguayan international footballer
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2011)|