1902 Wimbledon Championships
|1902 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date:||June 23 – July 2 |
London, United Kingdom
|Lawrence Doherty |
|Muriel Robb |
|Sydney Smith / Frank Riseley |
The 1902 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 23 June until 2 July. It was the 26th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1902. The Women's final (challenge round) is the only match in the history of Wimbledon that was played twice over. Charlotte Cooper Sterry played Muriel Robb in miserable weather conditions, and the match was abandoned with the score at 6–4, 11–13. The match was restarted afresh the next day, and Muriel Robb won the rematch 7–5, 6–1.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London)
- "Grand Slam Tournaments - Wimbledon" (PDF). usta.com. United States Tennis Association.
- "Roll of Honour - Women's Singles". wimbledon.org.
- "Roll of Honour - Men's Doubles". wimbledon.org.
- 100 Years of Wimbledon, by Lance Tingay (Guinness Superlatives Ltd. 1977)
1901 U.S. National Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1902 U.S. National Championships