1904 Wimbledon Championships
|1904 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date:||June 20 – June 29 |
London, United Kingdom
|Lawrence Doherty |
|Dorothea Douglass |
|Reginald Doherty / Lawrence Doherty |
The 1904 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 20 June until 29 June. It was the 28th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1904. The entry for the men's singles rose to 62, beating the 1880 record of 60. All ten courts (rather than Centre Court only) were 'dressed' with a surround of canvas 3 feet high. The balls and equipment were provided by Slazenger.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London)
- "Grand Slam Tournaments - Wimbledon" (PDF). usta.com. United States Tennis Association.
- "Roll of Honour - Women's Singles". wimbledon.org.
- "Roll of Honour - Men's Doubles". wimbledon.org.
- 100 Years of Wimbledon, by Lance Tingay (Guinness Superlatives Ltd. 1977)
1903 U.S. National Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1904 U.S. National Championships