1905 Alabama Crimson White football team
|1905 Alabama Crimson White football|
|Conference||Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association|
|1905 record||6–4 (4–4 SIAA)|
|Head coach||Jack Leavenworth|
|Home stadium||The Quad
The 1905 Alabama Crimson White football team[A 1] (variously "Alabama", "UA" or "Bama") represented the University of Alabama in the 1905 college football season. It was Alabama's 13th overall and 10th season as a member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association (SIAA). The team was led by head coach Jack Leavenworth, in his first year, and played their home games at both the University of Alabama Quad in Tuscaloosa and the Birmingham Fairgrounds in Birmingham, Alabama. They finished the season with a record of six wins and four losses (6–4 overall, 4–4 in the SIAA).
For the 1905 season, point values were different from those used in contemporary games. In 1905 a touchdown was worth five points, a field goal was worth four points and an conversion (PAT) was worth one point.
|October 3||Maryville*||The Quad • Tuscaloosa, AL||W 17–0|
|October 7||at Vanderbilt||Dudley Field • Nashville, TN||L 0–34|
|October 14||Mississippi A&M||The Quad • Tuscaloosa, AL (Rivalry)||W 34–0|
|October 21||at Georgia Tech||Brisbane Park • Atlanta, GA||L 5–12|
|October 25||at Clemson||South Carolina State Fairgrounds • Columbia, SC||L 0–25|
|November 4||Georgia||Birmingham Fairgrounds • Birmingham, AL||W 36–0|
|November 9||Centre*||The Quad • Tuscaloosa, AL||W 21–0|
|November 18||Auburn||Birmingham Fairgrounds • Birmingham, AL (Iron Bowl)||W 30–0|
|November 23||Sewanee||Birmingham Fairgrounds • Birmingham, AL||L 6–42|
|November 30||Tennessee||Birmingham Fairgrounds • Birmingham, AL (Third Saturday in October)||W 29–0|
- Source: Rolltide.com: 1905 Alabama football schedule
- "1905 Season Recap" (PDF). RollTide.com. University of Alabama Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- "How the Crimson Tide got its name". bryantmuseum.ua.edu. Paul W. Bryant Museum. Retrieved June 30, 2013.
- Kennedy, Scott (April 8, 1992). "Tide football tradition began with 1892 team". The Tuscaloosa News (Google News Archives). p. 2F. Retrieved June 30, 2013.
- "Scoring values". RollTide.com. University of Alabama Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- "1905 Alabama football schedule". RollTide.com. University of Alabama Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Retrieved February 22, 2012.