1905 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1905 in India.
- Emperor of India – Edward VII
- Viceroy of India - George Curzon, 1st Marquess Curzon of Kedleston
- Viceroy of India - Gilbert Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 4th Earl of Minto (from 18 November)
- 4 April - The 1905 Kangra earthquake kills 20,000.
- Partition of Bengal.
- George, Prince of Wales and Princess Mary tour India, 1905-06
- 2 January - Jainendra Kumar, novelist (died 1988).
- 16 January - Dr. Manubhai P. Vaidya, educationist and recipient of Best Teacher Award from Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, the President of India (died 1966).
- 21 March - Kushal Konwar,Indian National Congress President of Golaghat, later on first martyr of Quit India Movement.Died on 15 june 1943 hanged till death by British.
- 10 May - Pankaj Mullick, singer and composer (died 1978).
- 29 August - Dhyan Chand, field hockey player (died 1979).
- 9 September - Brahmarishi Hussain Sha, seventh head of Sri Viswa Viznana Vidya Adhyatmika Peetham and scholar (died 1981).
- 12 December - Mulk Raj Anand, novelist in English (died 2004).
Full date unknown
- Malti Bedekar, feminist author.
- Rashid Jahan, author, short story writer and playwright (died 1952).
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|