1905 in film
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|List of years in film (table)|
|... 1895 . 1896 . 1897 . 1898 . 1899 . 1900 . 1901 ...
1902 1903 1904 -1905- 1906 1907 1908
... 1909 . 1910 . 1911 . 1912 . 1913 . 1914 . 1915 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
|Years in film|
The year 1905 in film involved some significant events.
- The Manaki brothers make the first motion picture in the Balkans, The Weavers.
- Pathé Frères colors black-and-white films by machine.
- Filmmaking takes an unexpected historical role by recording activities along Market Street, in the year preceding the destruction from the San Francisco earthquake of 1906 (footage in the modern film Trip Down Market Street 1905/2005).
- Aleksandr Khanzhonkov begins filming his first documentaries.
- The Misadventure of a French Gentleman Without Pants at the Zandvoort Beach, the oldest surviving Dutch fictional film is released by Alberts Frères. Later to be included in the canon of Dutch cinema as released by the Netherlands Film Festival.
Films released in 1905
- Baby's Toilet
- The Weavers
- The Kleptomaniac
- La presa di Roma
- Rescued by Rover
- The Whole Dam Family and the Family Dog
- The Night Before Christmas
- January 3 - Anna May Wong, actress (d. 1961)
- January 3 - Ray Milland, actor (d. 1986)
- January 12 - Tex Ritter, actor, singer (d. 1974)
- January 26 - Charles Lane (d. 2007)
- February 14 - Thelma Ritter, actress (d. 1965)
- February 27 - Franchot Tone, actor (d. 1968)
- March 18 - Robert Donat, actor (d. 1958)
- March 23 - Joan Crawford, actress (d. 1977)
- May 1 - Leila Hyams, actress (d. 1977)
- May 15 - Joseph Cotten, actor (d. 1994)
- May 16 - Henry Fonda, actor (d. 1982)
- June 19 - Mildred Natwick, actress (d. 1994)
- July 29 - Thelma Todd, actress (d. 1935)
- July 29 - Clara Bow, actress (d. 1965)
- August 2 - Myrna Loy, actress (d. 1993)
- August 3 - Dolores del Río, actress (d. 1983)
- September 18 - Greta Garbo, actress (d. 1990)
- September 21 - Marguerite Roberts, writer (d. 1989)
- November 5 - Joel McCrea, actor (d. 1990)
- December 5 - Otto Preminger, director (d. 1986)
- December 24 - Howard Hughes, director, producer, editor (d. 1976)
- March 24 - Jules Verne, famous novelist of fantasy stories and science-fiction, (born 1828)
- March 25 - Maurice Barrymore, Barrymore family patriarch (born 1849)
- April 23 - Joseph Jefferson, 'Rip Van Winkle(1896 film)
- October 13 – Henry Irving, revered English Shakespearean actor and stage manager, who at one time was Bram Stoker's employer, (born 1838)