1907 in organized crime
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2008)|
- A group of leading Italian citizens, prominent businessmen, several ethnic organizations, and the Italian Chamber of Commerce form the White Hand Society, a legal organization, to combat the Le Mano Nera (The Black Hand) in Chicago.
- Chicago gambling racketeer Bud White's gambling vessel the City of Traverse is closed down.
- Joe Masseria is arrested for burglary and extortion but is released on suspended sentence.
- Charles Luciano is arrested for shoplifting.
- April 17 - Joseph Petrosino arrests Neapolitan camorrista Don Enrico Alfano while investigating the Black Hand and holds him for deporation to Italy.
- July - Upon the death of Michael Cassius McDonald, the Chicago crime lord's criminal operations are divided among his former lieutenants Chicago alderman Jacob "Mont" Tennes, gambler "Big" Jim O'Leary and the Bud White Combine. However, three main factions arise as a bombing campaign to control the city's illegal gambling operations continues throughout the summer.
Arts and literature
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Joe Diamond [Natale Evola], New York's "Five Families" leader and New York labor racketeer
- Rosario Mancuso, New York labor racketeer
- Benny Ong, Hip Sing Tong leader
- Joseph DiPalermo "Joey Beck", New York mobster involved in narcotics
- Abe Reles [Abraham Reles] "Kid Twist", Murder, Inc. member and informant
- December 1 - Joseph Aiuppa "Joey Doves", Chicago Mafia leader
- August 9 - Michael Cassius McDonald, Chicago crime lord