1908 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1908 in India.
- Emperor of India – Edward VII
- Viceroy of India - Gilbert Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 4th Earl of Minto
- March 17 - the Tinnevely riot breaks out in Tirunelveli
- May - the trial of the Alipore bomb case commences (and continues until 1909)
- September 28 - the Great Musi flood kills 15000 people
- the Diwan-Ballubhai School is established in Ahmedabad
- Mohmand incursions which are joined by the Afghans
January to June
- 17 January - L. V. Prasad, actor, producer and director (died 1994).
- 26 February - Leela Majumdar, writer (died 2007).
- 2 March - Mahadeva Subramania Mani, entomologist (died 2003).
- 5 April - Jagjivan Ram, freedom fighter and social reformer (died 1986).
July to December
- 24 August - Shivaram Rajguru, revolutionary, executed (died 1931).
- 8 November - Raja Rao, novelist and short story writer (died 2006).
- 29 November - N. S. Krishnan, comedian, actor, playback singer and writer (died 1957).
- 15 December - Swami Ranganathananda, President of Ramakrishna Math (died 2005).
- 31 December - Isha Basant Joshi, civil servant and writer.
Full date unknown
- David Abraham Cheulkar, actor (died 1981).
- Sucheta Kriplani, freedom fighter, politician and in Uttar Pradesh became first woman to be elected Chief Minister of a state (died 1974).
- Kabibar Radhanath Ray, poet (born 1848).
- Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Founder of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community (born 1835).
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|