1909 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1909 in Denmark.
- Monarch – Frederick VIII
- Prime minister – Niels Neergaard (until 16 August), Ludvig Holstein-Ledreborg (until 28 October), Carl Theodor Zahle
- 20 April – Women are given the right to vote in municipal elections. General women's suffrage is not introduced in Denmark until 1915.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- 3 January – Victor Borge, Danish-American comedian, conductor and pianist (d. 2000)
- 20 December – Vagn Holmboe, composer (d. 1996)
- 27 April – Hugo Egmont Hørring, politician, prime minister of Denmark (b. 1842)
- 0 July – Johannes Forchhammer, philologist (died 1827)
- 21 November – Peder Severin Krøyer, Norwegian-born painter (b. 1851)
- 29/30 December – Carl Emil Krarup, telegraph engineer, mainly known for the invention of the Krarup cable, a kind of loaded cable (b. 1872)