1909 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events in the year 1909 in India.
- Emperor of India – Edward VII
- Viceroy of India - Gilbert Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 4th Earl of Minto
- Adoption of schemes of reform
- 3 January - M. K. Thyagaraja Bhagavathar, actor and Carnatic singer (died 1959).
- 10 February - Pisharoth Rama Pisharoty, physicist and meteorologist (died 2002).
- 6 April - Alagappa Chettiar, businessman and philanthropist (died 1957).
- 16 July - Aruna Asaf Ali, independence fighter (died 1996).
- 19 July - Balamani Amma, poet (died 2004).
- 9 September - Leela Chitnis, actress (died 2003).
- 28 October - Kodavatiganti Kutumbarao, writer (died 1980).
- 20 December - Vakkom Majeed, freedom fighter and politician (died 2000).
Full date unknown
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|