1910 in France
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1910 in France.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- 15 January - Constant rain in Paris causes the Seine to overflow its banks, flooding the city. All but one line of the Paris Métro becomes filled with water, effectively draining water from the city.
- 24 April - French legislative election held.
- 8 May - French legislative election held.
- 2 July - Demonstrations in France against public executions.
- Champagne Riots.
January to March
- 10 January - Jean Martinon, conductor and composer (died 1976).
- 25 January - Henri Louveau, motor racing driver (died 1991).
- 9 February - Jacques Monod, biologist, awarded Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1965 (died 1976).
- 14 February - Pierre Marcilhacy, politician (died 1987).
- 19 February - Mathilde Carré, French Resistance agent, became a double agent (died 1970).
- 2 March - Charles Pisot, mathematician (died 1984).
April to June
- 23 April - Simone Simon, actress (died 2005).
- 30 April - Pierre Lantier, composer and pianist (died 1998).
- 4 June - Jacques Berque, Islamic scholar and sociologist (died 1995).
- 6 June - Hélène de Beauvoir, painter (died 2001).
- 8 June - Fernand Fonssagrives, photographer (died 2003).
- 11 June - Jacques-Yves Cousteau, naval officer, explorer, ecologist, filmmaker, scientist, photographer and researcher (died 1997).
- 17 June - Raymond Poïvet, cartoonist (died 1999).
- 23 June - Jean Anouilh, dramatist (died 1987).
- 27 June - Pierre Joubert, illustrator (died 2002).
July to December
- 2 July - Louise Laroche, one of the last remaining survivors of the sinking of the RMS Titanic (died 1998).
- 5 July - Georges Vedel, public law professor (died 2002).
- 7 July - Raymond Polin, philosopher (died 2001).
- 27 July - Julien Gracq, writer (died 2007).
- 5 August - Bruno Coquatrix, songwriter and music impresario (died 1979).
- 7 August - Lucien Hervé, photographer (died 2007).
- 14 August
- 1 September - Pierre Bézier, engineer (died 1999).
- 3 September - Maurice Papon, Vichy government official, prefect of police of Paris (died 2007).
- 8 September - Jean-Louis Barrault, actor, director and mime artist (died 1994).
- 14 September - Gaston Defferre, politician (died 1986).
- 29 September - Paule Maurice, composer (died 1967).
- 27 October - René Zazzo, psychologist (died 1995).
- 29 October - Aurélie Nemours, painter (died 2005).
- 13 November - Jean-Marcel Jeanneney, politician and diplomat (died 2010).
- 19 December - Jean Genet, writer and political activist (died 1986).
Full date unknown
- Ernestine Chassebœuf, letter writer (died 2005).
- Henri Enjalbert, professor of geography (died 1983).
- 4 January – Leon Delagrange, pioneer aviator (born 1873)
- 5 January - Léon Walras, economist (born 1834).
- February - Marie Henri d'Arbois de Jubainville, historian and philologist (born 1827).
- 16 April – Julien Dupré, artist (born 1851)
- 18 May - Pauline García-Viardot, mezzo-soprano and composer (born 1821).
- 27 June - Gustave Emile Boissonade, legal scholar (born 1825).
- 21 July - Léopold Victor Delisle, bibliophile and historian (born 1826).
- 2 September - Henri Rousseau, painter (born 1844).
- 10 September - Emmanuel Frémiet, sculptor (born 1824).
Full date unknown
- Gaston du Bousquet, engineer (born 1839).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1910 in France.|