1910 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1900 . 1901 . 1902 . 1903 . 1904 . 1905 . 1906 ...
1907 1908 1909 -1910- 1911 1912 1913
... 1914 . 1915 . 1916 . 1917 . 1918 . 1919 . 1920 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1910 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- April 27 - Futurist poet Filippo Tommaso Marinetti issues the manifesto Contro Venezia passatista ("Against Past-loving Venice") in the Piazza San Marco.
- Mary Colter is appointed full-time architect for the Fred Harvey Company in the United States.
- May 11 - Pan American Union Building, Washington, D.C., designed by Paul Philippe Cret and Albert Kelsey.
- June - Abdulla Shaig Puppet Theatre in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- November 27 - Pennsylvania Station (New York City), designed by McKim, Mead and White.
- The Renauld Bank in Nancy, designed by Émile André and Paul Charbonnier.
- The Ducret Apartment Building in Nancy, designed by André and Charbonnier.
- Casa Milà in Barcelona, designed by Antoni Gaudí.
- Goldman & Salatsch Building (the "Looshaus"), Michaelerplatz, Vienna, designed by Adolf Loos.
- Steiner House in Vienna, designed by Adolf Loos.
- Flinders Street Station in Melbourne, Australia.
- Birmingham Oratory in Birmingham, UK, designed by Edward Doran Webb.
- Jacir Palace Hotel in Bethlehem.
- Gereonshaus in Cologne, designed by Carl Moritz.
- National Museum of Finland, Helsinki, designed by Herman Gesellius, Armas Lindgren and Eliel Saarinen.
- Pilgrim Monument, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- May 23 - Sir Hugh Casson, British architect, interior designer, artist, influential writer and broadcaster (died 1999)
- June 26 - Maciej Nowicki, Polish architect, chief architect of the new Indian city of Chandigarh (died 1950)
- August 12 - Eliot Noyes, American architect and industrial designer (died 1977)
- August 20 - Eero Saarinen, Finnish American architect and industrial designer (died 1961), son of Eliel Saarinen
- March 13 - Sir Thomas Drew, Irish architect (born 1838)
- May 14 - Gaetano Koch, Italian architect active in Rome (born 1849)
- August 24 - Juste Lisch, French architect (born 1828)