1913 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1913 in India.
3 May- Raja Harischandra, First full length movie of India released. Beginning of Indian Film Industry.
- 6 November - Mohandas Gandhi is arrested while leading a march of Indian miners in South Africa.
- Rabindranath Tagore (1861–1941), Bengali poet, got the Nobel Prize in Literature for his book of lyrics called Gitanjali translated into English by himself.
- 5 March - Gangubai Hangal, Indian singer of the khyal genre of Hindustani classical music (died July y 25, 2009).
- 1 May– Balraj Sahni, Indian actor (died 13 April 1973)
- Bhagwan Dada, actor and film director (died 2002).
- Attia Hosain, writer, feminist and broadcaster (died 1998).
- Chandrakant Mandare, actor and artist (died 2001).
- 29 march Bhawani Prasad Mishra - a great poet of Hindi
- 1 Jul Gen PP Kumaramangalam, PV, DSO, MBE, Chief of the Army Staff of Indian Army (08 Jun 1966 to 07 Jun 1969)
- 27 July Kalpana Dutta Joshi, Freedom Fighter, Communist Movement in India (died 08 Feb 1995 in Calcutta, India ).
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|