1917 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1917 in India.
- The Indian National Congress demands self-government for India.
- 20 August — The secretary of state for India makes the announcement that British policy in India calls for the gradual development of self-governing institutions and the progressive realization of responsible government.
- 17 January — M. G. Ramachandran, actor, Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (died 1987).
- 11 February — T. Nagi Reddy, communist politician (died 1976).
- 11 July 1917 — Chandrakant T. Patel, cotton scientist (died 1990).
- 3 September 1917 — G. V. Iyer, film director (died 2003).
- 19 November — Indira Gandhi, Prime Minister, assassinated (died 1984).
- 29 December — Ramanand Sagar, film director (died 2005).
Full date unknown
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2013)|
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|