191 Peachtree Tower
|191 Peachtree Tower|
191 Peachtree Tower
|Location||191 Peachtree Street Northeast
|Roof||234.70 m (770.0 ft)|
|Floor area||1,219,000 sq ft (113,200 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Hines Interests Limited Partnership|
One Ninety One Peachtree Tower is a 235 m (771 ft) 50-story skyscraper in Atlanta, Georgia. Designed by Johnson/Burgee Architects and Kendall/Heaton Associates Inc, the building was completed in 1990 and is the fourth tallest in the city, winning the BOMA Building of the Year Awards the next year, repeating in 1998 and 2003. Throughout the 1990s 191 Peachtree was considered Atlanta's premier business address. However when two of its largest tenants, law firm King & Spalding, and Wachovia moved to Midtown's new 1180 Peachtree and Atlantic Station respectively in 2006, most of the building was left vacant. That same year, Cousins Properties purchased the building from Equity Office Properties, which marked a return to 191 for the company as it helped originally develop the building. Cousins relocated their headquarters to the building, signed a number of small tenants to subdivided space and in January 2008, signed an agreement with Deloitte to extend and expand the consulting firm's current lease from 100,000 to 260,000 sq ft (9,300 to 24,200 m2), bringing the building back to 87 percent occupancy.
The building was originally proposed in July 1987 at 48 floors. The building's facade is made of flame finished Rosa Dante granite and the windows are made of gray tinted glass. Each "tower" possesses a rooftop crown that is illuminated at night. The lighted double crown figured prominently in night footage taken by helicopter during the 1996 Olympics. The primary entrance to the building is through a soaring 102-foot (7 stories / 31 m) tall atrium adjacent to Peachtree Street in Downtown Atlanta.
- Architecture of Atlanta
- List of tallest buildings in Atlanta
- List of tallest buildings in the United States
- 191 Peachtree Tower at Emporis
- 191 Peachtree Tower at Glass Steel and Stone
- 191 Peachtree Tower at SkyscraperPage
- 191 Peachtree Tower at Structurae
- "Cousins posts $232 million in annual net income". The Atlanta Business Chronicle. 2007-02-05. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- "Deloitte grows at One Ninety One Peachtree". The Atlanta Business Chronicle. 2008-01-18. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- Atlanta and Its Builders: A Comprehensive History of the Gate City, Volume 2, Thomas H. Martin, pp. 106-107
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 191 Peachtree Tower.|