1921 West Virginia vs. Pittsburgh football game
|First Live Radio Broadcast Football Game
West Virginia vs. Pittsburgh
|Date||October 8, 1921|
|United States TV coverage|
|Announcers||Harold W. Arlin|
The 1921 West Virginia vs. Pittsburgh football game was a college football game between the West Virginia Mountaineers and the Pittsburgh Panthers played on October 8, 1921. It was the 17th meeting of the Backyard Brawl, a rivalry game between the two programs.
The game was played at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh won the game 21–13, after West Virginia's George Hill returned a kick-off for a touchdown on the final play of the game.
- College football on radio
- 1921 college football season
- List of historically significant college football games
- DeLassus, David. "Coaching Records Game by Game, Glenn Scobey "Pop" Warner, 1921". College Football Data Warehouse. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- "Panthers Scared by New York Times". New York Times. October 9, 1921. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Sciullo Jr, Sam, ed. (1991). 1991 Pitt Football: University of Pittsburgh Football Media Guide. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Sports Information Office. p. 116.