1921 Wimbledon Championships
|1921 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date:||June 20 – July 2|
London, United Kingdom
|Randolph Lycett / Max Woosnam|
|Suzanne Lenglen / Elizabeth Ryan|
|Elizabeth Ryan / Randolph Lycett|
The 1921 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 20 June until 2 July. It was the 41st staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1921.
It was the last Wimbledon Championships held at the original Worple Road location and it was also the last time the challenge round system was used at Wimbledon. From 1922 onward the reigning champion would no longer play a single match, the Challenge Round, against the winner of the all-comers tournament to decide the championship but, like every other player, would have to play from the beginning of the tournament.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London)
- "Grand Slam Tournaments - Wimbledon" (PDF). usta.com. United States Tennis Association. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Roll of Honour - Women's Singles". wimbledon.org. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Roll of Honour - Men's Doubles". wimbledon.org. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Barrett, John (2001). Wimbledon : The Official History of the Championships. London: CollinsWillow. pp. 54–59,286. ISBN 0007117078.
1921 Australasian Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1921 U.S. National Championships