From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events in the year 1926 in India.
- April - Hindu-Muslim strife in Calcutta.
- 15 July - BEST buses make its début in Bombay.
- 24 November - Sri Aurobindo retires, leaving the Mother to run the Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry.
January to June
- 8 January - Kelucharan Mohapatra, Odissi dancer and guru (died 2004).
- 13 January - Bhau Kalchuri, author and poet (died 2013).
- 16 January - O. P. Nayyar, film music director and composer (died 2007).
- 20 January - Jamiluddin Aali, poet, critic, playwright, essayist, columnist, and scholar.
- 20 January - Qurratulain Hyder, novelist and short story writer, academic and journalist (died 2007).
- 26 May - Sukumar Azhikode, teacher, critic and orator. (died 2012)
July to December
Full date unknown
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2013)
- ^ Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262