1926 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events in the year 1926 in India.
- Emperor of India – George V
- Viceroy of India - The Earl of Reading
- Viceroy of India - The Lord Irwin (from 3 April)
- April - Hindu-Muslim strife in Calcutta.
- 15 July - BEST buses make its début in Bombay.
- 24 November - Sri Aurobindo retires, leaving the Mother to run the Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry.
January to June
- 8 January - Kelucharan Mohapatra, Odissi dancer and guru (died 2004).
- 13 January - Bhau Kalchuri, author and poet.
- 16 January - O. P. Nayyar, film music director and composer (died 2007).
- 20 January - Jamiluddin Aali, poet, critic, playwright, essayist, columnist, and scholar.
- 20 January - Qurratulain Hyder, novelist and short story writer, academic and journalist (died 2007).
- 26 May - Sukumar Azhikode, teacher, critic and orator. (died 2012)
July to December
- 11 August - Ekkirala Krishnamacharya, philosopher and spiritual writer.
- 15 August - Sukanta Bhattacharya, poet (died 1947).
- 3 September - Uttam Kumar, actor (died 1980).
- 8 October - Raaj Kumar, actor (died 1996).
- 21 November - Prem Nath, actor (died 1992).
- 26 November - Yash Pal, scientist and educator.
- 31 December - Zahoor Qasim, marine scientist.
Full date unknown
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2013)|
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|