1930 in France
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1930 in France.
- 10 February - Yen Bai mutiny takes place, an uprising by Vietnamese soldiers in the French colonial army's garrison in Yen Bai.
- 22 April - London Naval Treaty is agreed between United Kingdom, Japan, France, Italy and the United States.
- 17 May - Prime Minister André Tardieu decides to withdraw the remaining French troops from the Rhineland. They depart by 30 June.
- 21 June - One-year conscription comes into force in France.
- 5 October - British Airship R101 crashes in France en route to India on its maiden voyage.
- 2 July - Tour de France begins.
- 13 July - The first Football World Cup starts: Lucien Laurent scores the first goal, for France against Mexico.
- 27 July - Tour de France ends, won by André Leducq.
January to June
- 13 January - Françoise Prévost, actress (died 1997)
- 3 February - Roger Duchêne, biographer (died 2006)
- 1 March - Pierre Max Dubois, composer (died 1995)
- 6 March - Lorin Maazel, conductor, violinist and composer (died 2014)
- 10 April - Claude Bolling, jazz pianist, composer and arranger
- 14 April - René Desmaison, mountaineer, climber and alpinist (died 2007)
- 29 April - Jean Rochefort, actor
- 30 April - Félix Guattari, militant, institutional psychotherapist and philosopher (died 1992)
- 9 June - Monique Serf, singer (died 1997)
- 24 June - Pierre Restany, art critic and cultural philosopher (died 2003)
July to December
- 15 July - Jacques Derrida, philosopher (died 2004)
- 23 July - Pierre Vidal-Naquet, historian (died 2006)
- 1 August - Pierre Bourdieu, sociologist (died 2002)
- 17 August - Jean Bourlès, cyclist (died 1996)
- 1 October - Philippe Noiret, actor (died 2006)
- 10 October - Yves Chauvin, chemist, the 2005 Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- 18 October - Michel Drach, film director, writer, producer and actor (died 1990)
- 29 October - Niki de Saint Phalle, sculptor, painter and filmmaker (died 2002)
- 4 December - René Privat, cyclist (died 1995)
- 11 December - Jean-Louis Trintignant, actor
Full date unknown
- 24 October - Paul Émile Appell, mathematician (born 1855)
- 24 November - Prosper-René Blondlot, physicist (born 1849)
Full date unknown