1931 Australian Grand Prix
The 1931 Australian Grand Prix was a motor race held at Phillip Island on 23 March 1931. The race had 20 entrants and 14 starters.
It was the fourth Australian Grand Prix and the fourth held at Phillip Island. The race was run in 4 classes (A, B, C and D)
|1||16||C||Carl Junker||Bugatti Type 39||31||2h 54m 50s|
|2||1||A||Cyril Dickason||Austin 7 Ulster s/c||31||3h 02m 24s|
|3||12||C||Harold Drake-Richmond||Bugatti Type 37||31||3h 03m 19s|
|4||10||B||Barney Dentry||Riley Brooklands||31||3h 09m 39s|
|5||13||B||Joan Richmond||Riley Brooklands||31||3h 34m 00s|
|6||3||A||Cec Warren||Austin 7 Ulster||31||3h 35m 21s|
|Ret||15||C||Hope Bartlett||Bugatti Type 37 s/c||29||Engine|
|Ret||19||D||Les Jennings||Morris Oxford||28|
|Ret||2||A||Clarrie May||Austin 7 s/c||18|
|Ret||4||A||Ian Russell||Morris Minor||15|
|Ret||20||D||Jack Clements||Bugatti Type 30||14||Crankshaft|
|Ret||14||C||Arthur Terdich||Bugatti Type 37 s/c||8||Con-rod|
|Ret||9||B||Bill Lowe||Lombard AL3 s/c|
- Pole position:
- Fastest lap: Hope Bartlett – 4'45.00 (79.90 mph)
- Organised by the Victorian Light Car Club.
- Officially a scratch race although handicap times were recorded.
- Handicap race.
- Lap times had improved greatly after a resurfacing of the track.
1930 Australian Grand Prix
|Australian Grand Prix
1932 Australian Grand Prix
- National Museum of Australia 1930s Australian Grand Prix and Monte Carlo rally driver Joan Richmond collection.