1938 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship
|Winning team||Dublin (6th win)|
|Top Scorer||Locky Byrne (4-5)|
|All-Star Team||See here|
The All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 1938 was the 52nd series of the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship, Ireland's premier hurling knock-out competition. Dublin won the championship, beating Waterford 2-5 to 1-6 in the final.
The All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship was run on a provincial basis as usual. All games were played on a knockout basis whereby once a team lost they were eliminated from the championship. The format for the All-Ireland series of games ran as follows:
- The winners of the Leinster Championship advanced directly to the All-Ireland final.
- The winners of the Munster Championship advanced directly to a lone All-Ireland semi-final.
- Galway, a team who faced no competition in the Connacht Championship, entered the competition at the All-Ireland semi-final stage where they played the Munster champions.
- There were no representatives from the Ulster Championship in the All-Ireland series of games.
|Dublin||2-5 – 1-6||Waterford|
- "All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Roll of Honour". The GAA website. Retrieved 24 July 2011.
- Corry, Eoghan, The GAA Book of Lists (Hodder Headline Ireland, 2005).
- Donegan, Des, The Complete Handbook of Gaelic Games (DBA Publications Limited, 2005).