1938 in association football
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2011)|
|Years in football (soccer):||1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s|
|Years:||1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941|
The following are the football (soccer) events of the year 1938 throughout the world.
Winners club national championship
- Argentina: Independiente
- Italy: Internazionale Milano F.C.
- Netherlands: Feyenoord Rotterdam
- Paraguay: Olimpia Asunción
- Poland: Ruch Chorzów
- Turkey: Güneş SK
Manchester City F.C. become the only team in history to be relegated the year after being champions of England.
- 1938 British Home Championship (October 23, 1937 – April 9, 1938)
- 28 July: Luis Aragonés, Spanish international football player and manager (died 2014)
- 9 December: Nikola Kotkov, Bulgarian international footballer (died 1971)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2011)|