1944 in Argentina
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1944 in Argentina
- January 15: 1944 San Juan earthquake, produces nearly 7000 deaths, 12000 injured and destruyed the 90% of building in the city
- January 22: Juan Perón and Eva Perón met during a fundraising for the aforementioned earthquake.
- Bernardo Houssay, Juan Lewis and Eduardo Menendez establish the Instituto de Biología y Medicina Experimental
- Juan Perón is appointed vicepresident
- The United States and Britain remove their ambassadors from Argentina
- The United States confiscate Argentine gold located in the US, and forbid commerce with Argentina.
- Sanction of the Rural laborer statute
- November 16: First issue of the Rico Tipo comic book
- Argentina keeps a neutral stance in World War II, amid foreign pressure to join the war
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2011)|
- Cayetano Santos Godino (October 31, 1896 – November 15, 1944), serial killer